Real Estate ValuationsAssessor. AVM Values. Estimated Equity.
ATTOM offers the most flexible selection of comprehensive datasets and possesses the strongest data continuity across our delivery platforms.
There are four types of real estate valuations ATTOM provides:
- Assessor Valuation is used in determining the imposed property tax.
- AVM Value is a statistical calculation model to estimate the current value of a property.
- Estimated Property Equity is the calculated difference between the AVM value and the remaining balance for the property’s loan.
- Estimated Sales Price is used to derive estimated sales price with a calculation that is dependent on three major loan types, FHA, VA, and Conventional loans.
Explaining How Valuations Work
ATTOM Data Solutions includes assessor data for over 155 million properties and their valuations, if included by the county record. Also included is recorder data for more 430 million transactions covering over 3,140 counties. All this nationwide property data feeds our proprietary Loan Model engine, which generates the estimated loan positions, balances, and equity for a property. Assessor data details include:
Includes elements like assessor year, tax assessed value, tax land value, tax improvement value, market value, and market value year.
Includes elements like automated valuation model (AVM) value, forecast standard deviation (FSD), AVM min and max, confidence score, and the date the AVM was calculated.
Loan Model & Equity
Identifies and positions the active loans for a property. Estimated equity = total estimated remaining balance compared to current AVM value.
Estimated Sale Price Detail & Snapshot
Used to find sales comps and the most recent sale for a property.
Estimated Sale Price Event Detail & Snapshot
Includes tax amounts, AVM, and most recent sale.
Estimated Sale Price History & Snapshot
Provides a 10-year display of sales history for a property.
Estimated Sales Price covers nondisclosure states only: Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming.
Benefits of Using ATTOM Valuations
Improved Target Marketing or Prospecting
- Increase your sold rate by targeting the right prospects the first time.
Improved Business Decision Process
- Mitigate risk by using robust analysis data.
Enhanced Comparison Reports
- Estimated sales price details, event details, snapshots, and history details provide a more complete picture for better comparison.
How Can You Use ATTOM’s Valuations Data?
Prospect lists, collateral content, marketing performance reports.
Transactional reasons requiring property values or property-specific reports.
Various analytics applications like insurance quote estimation, property-specific services estimates, or property and market evaluations.
Combine with Other Data
Combining valuation data with other sources of data, such as neighborhood, parcel boundaries, or pre-mover data, can be used in a number of ways.