This webinar, presented by ATTOM’s Director of PR & Content, Jennifer von Pohlmann, and Zavvie’s Chief Data Officer, Stefan Peterson, features an overall look at the housing market, historical institutional investor activity, insight on ibuying offers, and the growth of power buyers.
Jennifer jumps into this focus by examining historic quarterly price trends amid the housing market that continues to defy the pandemic, as the national median home price hit yet another record in Q2 2021, reaching $305,000. That figure was up 11 percent from $275,200 in Q1 2021 and 22 percent from $250,000 in Q2 2020.
During this webinar, Jennifer also looks at sales to institutional investors quarterly going back to 2000, which shows that in Q2 2021, institutional investors nationwide accounted for 4.6 percent of all single-family house and condo purchases. That figure was up from 3.2 percent in Q1 2021 and from 2 percent in Q2 2020.
Also, during this webinar, Zavvie’s Stefan Peterson explores these five power buyer mega trends:
- iBuyers are making stronger offers with lower fees
- Power Buyers solve the #1 problem
- Power Buyers: Explosive growth
- Customer satisfaction for Power Buyers and iBuyers is very high
- Start up and existing brokerages are offering all solutions
Stefan also presents the various power buyer top services fueling their growth, including:
- “The Buy Before You Sell Bridge:” Enables home sellers to secure their next home with no financing contingency before listing and selling their current home.
- “Sale Leaseback Bridge:” Homeowners unlock the equity in their home by selling it to the Power Buyer and then temporarily leasing it from the Power Buyer, enabling the homeowner to purchase their next home without a loan contingency, or use their equity for other purposes.
- “Cash Offers:” Enables home buyers to make offers that are backed by the Power Buyer and therefore have no financing contingency.
In another key takeaway from this webinar, Stefan looks at where these power buyers are emerging throughout the U.S. and which markets are seeing the greatest penetration.
This webinar also looks at research from Mike DelPrete’s 2021 Emerging Models in Real Estate Report, which presents the four quadrants in which brokers should have a presence in order to thrive, from search to close.
ATTOM is the one-stop shop for premium property data fueling innovation, ATTOM provides analytics-ready data for real-world applications. ATTOM blends property tax, deed, mortgage, foreclosure, environmental risk, natural hazard and neighborhood data for more than 155 million U.S. residential and commercial properties, multi-sourced from more than 3,000 U.S. counties. ATTOM’s property data fuels growth across many industries to help drive decisions while delivering data in a variety of flexible customer solutions, including bulk data licensing, property data APIs and introducing ATTOM Cloud.
ATTOM’s robust property data is leveraged by customers to innovate in a variety of industries, including Real Estate, Insurance, Mortgage, Marketing, Government and Academia. By utilizing ATTOM’s robust property data, ATTOM clients not only create innovation but gain that competitive advantage within their industries. End-users of the data include developers, data scientists, risk managers, investors, policymakers and analysts. Discover ATTOM’s Table of Data Elements.
Zavvie is the first brokerage-branded platform that enables brokerages to have their own marketplace that co-opts all selling options – Power Buyers, Instant Sale, and Open Market – while keeping their agents at the center of every transaction.
Want to learn more about Institutional Investing Today & The iBuyer Impact?
Click here to listen to the entire webinar.