Part I: What is the ATTOM Property API?
Here at ATTOM Data, we have data on every property in the country and their surrounding communities. We deliver that data to our clients in a variety of ways. One of the most popular ways is through an API. So what exactly is our Property API? API stands for Application Programming Interface. Basically, it’s a way for developers to receive information. More specifically, an API receives requests and sends responses from a remote server. Our Property API has data on 155 million properties nationwide, which includes all 100 million residential properties. In addition, there is information on the historical sales, transactions, and valuation of each property. With the depth of this API, there are many things you can create. Today, we’re going to delve into two areas within the Property API: Property Records and Property Sales.
The Property Records Include some of the following data points:
- property records
- property assessments
- property tax figures
What kinds of questions can data from the /property resource help answer?
- What properties fall within a radius of a given point (lat/long)?
- Are there properties within a zip code with property taxes of a given range?
- What properties with these specific characteristics can be found within a specific boundary (i.e. school district, neighborhood, or zip code)
The property sales include some of the following data points:
- Median and average home sales prices
- Sales volume
- Percent increase in price, quarter-to-quarter and year-over-year
- Breakdown by transaction type: existing or new construction
- Breakdown by property type: single family home, condominium, multi-family, other
You can use this data to build a home sales report for any property in the country. Any property owners contemplating a home sale in the future would be interested in this information. If your customers include people looking for new homes or mortgages, this data can be a great content marketing tool to engage prospects and identify movers before they list their property.
We call this type of API “Accelerate” because it speeds up your development process.
The Property API from ATTOM Data is a powerful engine for your next project. Next week, we’ll explore what you can build with the other two components of this API: AVM and Transactions. If you are interested in learning more about ATTOM Data or our platform, please contact us today.
Please contact us if you have questions about the underlying data referenced in this article, or would like to have access to that data in the form of custom reports, API, Bulk File or DaaS.